Maralyn & Carol’s Toffee Cookies
1 Cup of butter
1 Cup brown sugar
1 Beaten Egg Yolk
2 Cups sifted flour
4 Hershey bars broken into pieces
1/4 to 1/2 Cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and brown sugar together.
- Add beaten egg yolk, 2 cups sifted flour and1/2 teaspoon vanilla.
- Pat into 8 x 12″ pan or if you double the recipe use a 14 x 17″ pan.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.
- Lay Hersey squares on hot cookies.
- Spread immediately
- Sprinkle nuts
- Cut into 1″ to 1-1/2″ squares.
- Cool on newspaper – will absorb excess fat so you can have another cookie.
Be sure to sign up for a copy of our new posts as soon as they happen. We do not sell your names and you can remove yourself from list whenever you want.