Marti Mayne of Maynely Marketing shared this information with me. It is great for those 50+ travelers.
S is for September, Savings and Savoring the Coast of Maine for 50+ Travelers
Rockland, ME: We’ve heard it over and over; today’s 50+ traveler is looking for active, “edutaining” getaways. Historic Inns of Rockland, Maine say if that’s what they want that’s what they’ll get in September, 2010 when boomers rule in this Midcoast, Maine town. Throughout September, 50+ travelers will be treated to everything from museum admissions to a ride aboard a working lobster boat and guided lighthouse tours. To prove that Baby Boomers rock, Historic Inns of Rockland’s “Boomers Have Their Privileges” Package has been constructed with a 25-percent discount for September travelers.
Respecting the need for value which today’s 50+ travelers seek, Historic Inns of Rockland have packed this package with a rich itinerary including plenty of choices for enjoying the area’s attractions, natural beauty, history and premier accommodations. Rarely are 50+ travelers offered so many choices at such affordable rates, starting at $515 for the three night midweek inclusive package.
The “Boomers Have Their Privileges Package” is packed with adventure including:
- Three nights luxurious accommodations with a variety of amenities and three sumptuous breakfasts at any of the Historic Inns of Rockland offered at 25% off rack rates.
- Two tickets each for admission to six of Maine’s greatest cultural treasures including the Farnsworth Art Museum and Wyeth Center; the Gen. Henry Knox Museum; the Owls Head Transportation Museum; the Penobscot Marine Museum; the Maine Center for Contemporary Art and the Maine Lighthouse Museum.
- Use the tickets to the Maine Lighthouse Museum for a self-guided tour at your schedule or take advantage of the special guided tour with docent of the museum on Thursday at 10:00 am throughout the month of September, just for package guests.
- Enjoy an exclusive guided tour of Rockland’s Historic Breakwater Lighthouse with one of Breakwater lighthouse volunteer staff every Wednesday at 10:00 am (weather permitting) throughout the month of September, just for package guests.
- Receive a copy of Ted Panayotoff’s book “The Lighthouse at Rockland Breakwater Then and Now”.
- Two tokens for the All Aboard Trolley for a tour of downtown Rockland’s Business and Residential Historic District at 10am on Tuesdays.
- Head out to sea: Choose between two tickets to Captain Jack’s Lobster Adventure cruises, where you learn firsthand about lobstering with a real lobsterman or two tickets (pedestrian access) on the Maine State Ferry to Vinalhaven Island, the largest inhabited island in Penobscot Bay and enjoy the afternoon exploring a fishing island community.
- Join other guests of the Historic Inns of Rockland for a tour of the Sail, Power & Steam Museum and a presentation of Rockland’s rich history for shipbuilding. Held every Tuesday afternoon 3-5 pm exclusively for inn guests.
- Enjoy a self-guided tour of local lighthouses on your own schedule by following the Historic Inns of Rockland’s driving lighthouse locator.
- Enjoy an inn to inn tour of the four premier inns of Rockland every Monday afternoon in September from 1-2pm (reservation required).
All this for $515-$1,075, single or double occupancy. Many of the components of this package, such as private tours and discussion groups, are not available except through this package.
Concerned because there is too much to do and too little time? Don’t worry you can add a fourth night (Sunday through Thursday) at the same 25% discounted rate. Note: discounted rates are only offered in conjunction with this package, not separately. Package is not available September 5th and 6th of Labor Day weekend.
Once children have returned to school, and summer vacations have waned, September presents the ideal time for sojourns to Maine’s Midcoast and the lobster capital of the universe, Rockland, Maine. The days are still warm, perfect for exploring the lighthouses along the coast or the many renowned galleries and art museums in Rockland. Evenings, each of these inns is an easy stroll into downtown, celebrated for its fabulous restaurants. To book the Boomers Have Privileges Package, call 1-877-ROC-INNS (877-762-4667). For more information about Historic Inns of Rockland Maine, or Berry Manor Inn, LimeRock Inn or Captain Granite Inn, Captain Lindsey House, visit www.HistoricInnsofRockland.com.
International Food Wine & Travel Writers Association
Books By Hills Success With Writing Where & What in the World Blog