.This recipe comes from Pritikin Longevity Center & Spa. Yes, I’ve also been there over a decade ago. When you travel and keep the schedule I do, taste the food and wine, it is important to remember healthy alternatives. These are great for all with apples in high supply.
Spiced Apple Crisp
1. Combine apples, water, cornstarch, spice, and lemon juice in a medium mixing bowl.
2. Mix well and place into a microwaveable container.
3. Microwave on high for 10 minutes, or until apples are soft and juice is thick and clear.
4. Divide among 4 dessert bowls.
5. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon crushed shredded wheat and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Each serving contains approximately:
0.5 g protein
29 g carbohydrate
0.5 g total fat
0 mg cholesterol
less than 1 mg sodium
5 g dietary fiber
5% calories from fat
Click to learn more about Pritikin Longevity Center & Spa.