Photos will be up in a couple of days as I have to fly home tomorrow.
|Part of the Sirha, the worldwide event for the Catering and Hotel industry, 22-26 January 2011 -Eurexpo Lyon France|
Bocuse d’Or: Rasmus KOFOED, representing DENMARK, has won the Bocuse d’Or 2011 trophy and €20,000 in prize money.
Second place, Bocuse d’argent : Tommy MYLLYMÄKI, representingSWEDEN, won the Bocuse d’argent trophy 2011 and €15,000 in prize money.
Third place, Bocuse de Bronze: Gunnar HVARNES, representing NORWAY, won the Bocuse de Bronze trophy 2011 and €10,000 in prize money.
Several special prizes were also awarded:
– Prize for the ‘Best Commis’, awarded by the Bocuse d’Or Winner’s Academy: Kinari KOYAMA, Commis to Tatsuo NAKASU, JAPAN
– Special ‘Fish’ prize: Franck GIOVANNINI, SWITZERLAND
– Special ‘Meat’ prize: Jérôme JAEGLE, FRANCE
– Prize for the best promotional campaign: GUATEMALA
– Prize for the best Poster, as selected by visitors via the internet website: SPAIN
As part of the Sirha 2011 trade exhibition, performing in dedicated contest kitchens facing the public at the heart of the brand new Paul Bocuse hall, 24 chefs from all regions of the planet took up a major challenge: that of preparing within 5.35 hours, during an extraordinary show, two perfect dishes using the official products of the Bocuse d’Or 2011: Scottish lamb for the meat dish and Monkfish, Crab and Scottish Langoustine for the fish dish.
To judge the 24 candidates, the jury was composed of 24 influential chefs who are emblematic of each country represented, under the aegis of 3 exceptional presidents: Paul Bocuse, President Founder,Yannick Alleno, Honorary President (3* Chef at the Meurice, Silver Bocuse 1999) and Geir Skeie, President of the International Jury (Bocuse d’Or 2009).