When I saw this recipe come through my email, it brought back memories. This particular recipe dates back to the 60s.
My sister Carol and I used to make Christmas cookies together. We made 15 to 20 different varieties. Then, we would make assortments of cookies in containers as gifts. These were one of the cookies that added a colorful addition and the children were partial to these.
Deck your holiday cookie platters with these marshmallow and Kellogg’s Corn Flakes® cereal wreaths.Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup margarine or butter
- 1 package (10 oz. about 40) regular marshmallows
- – or –
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon green food coloring
- 6 cups Kellogg’s Corn Flakes® cereal
- – or –
- 6 cups Kellogg’s Frosted Flakes® cereal
- Red cinnamon candies
- Prepared vanilla frosting
1. Melt margarine in large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Stir in food coloring.
2. Add KELLOGG’S CORN FLAKES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Portion warm cereal mixture evenly by using a 1/4 cup dry measure coated with cooking spray. Using sprayed fingers, quickly shape into individual wreaths. Dot with cinnamon candies, using prepared frosting to hold candies in place. Store in single layer in airtight container.
Use fresh marshmallows for best results.
Children should be supervised.
Green paste food coloring makes the best color for wreaths
Microwave margarine and marshmallows at HIGH 2 minutes in microwave-safe bowl. Stir to combine. Microwave at HIGH 1 minute longer. Stir until smooth, then add food coloring. Follow steps 2 and 3 above.
TO MAKE ONE LARGE WREATH:
Press warm cereal mixture in 5 1/2-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray or shape in ring on serving plate. Remove from mold and dot with red candies. Slice to serve.
®,™, © 2011 Kellogg NA Co.
Books By Hills Success With Writing Where & What in the World Blog