We are partial to coconut and I am partial to curry. I’ve also done this with chicken. This recipe if from A Taste of Thai, the manufacturer of the coconut milk.
30 minutes to assemble
About 2 hours to cook
Red Curry Beef Stew
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons Red Curry Paste
2 lbs stew meat
2 medium onions, chopped
3 medium carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
1-13.5 oz can Coconut Milk (I use the Lite Coconut Milk)
3 tablespoons Fish Sauce
2 teaspoons brown sugar
1 cup roasted, unsalted peanuts
- In large pot, heat oil. Add Red Curry Paste. Sauté until dissolved.
- Add stew meat and brown on all sides.
- Add onions and carrots and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add potatoes, Coconut Milk, Fish Sauce and brown sugar.
- Cover and simmer for approximately 2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Garnish with peanuts.
Books By Hills Success With Writing Where & What in the World Blog