MDH: Since I’m attending, I quite excited to share this press release. I’m happy to say, we will be featuring some interviews and updates on this wonderful event on Where and What in the World–so stay tuned. Some of these talented chefs are going to share some recipes. I’m thrilled to be involved.
PORTLAND, MAINE, March 12, 2012 — The Events Team at Maine magazine released the roster of Chefs who will put their talent and creativity to work for the Art of Dining dinner series during the Kennebunkport Festival. This two-day series of intimate dinners takes place in exquisite private homes in Kennebunk and Kennebunkport on June 5th and 6th.
“The homeowners graciously open their doors to a handful of guests for an evening of great food, wine, and conversation,” said Leanne Ouimet, Director of Events & Sponsorships. “Not only are we thrilled to host these dinners, we’re proud to announce that proceeds from the series are donated to Share Our Strength Maine to help them in their fight to end childhood hunger in Maine,” she added.
The participating chefs are:
• Shannon Bard of Zapoteca Restaurante y Tequileria
• Bryan Dame of Tides Beach Club
• Geoffroy Deconinck of Natalie’s at the Camden Harbour Inn
• Krista Kern Desjarlais of Bresca
• Romann Dumorne of Grissini Italian Bistro
• Rob Evans of Hugo’s and Duckfat
• Lee Farrington of Figa
• Pierre Gignac of 98 Provence
• Ian Hayward of Petite Jacqueline
• Mitchell Kaldrovich of Sea Glass at Inn by the Sea
• Jeff Landry of The Farmer’s Table
• Richard Lemoine of the Cape Arundel Inn
• Peggy Liversidge of Kitchen Chicks Catering
• Shanna and Brian O’Hea of Academe at the Kennebunk Inn
• Leslie Oster of Aurora Provisions
• Lee Skawinski of Cinque Terre and Vignola
• Harding Lee Smith of The Corner/ Front/ Grill Rooms
• Andrew Taylor of Hugo’s
• David Turin of David’s and David’s 388
Tickets for an Art of Dining dinner are $150 per person and available online at https://kennebunkportfestival.com. Please note that some of the dinners are already sold-out.
Northeast Media Associates
About Maine Magazine
Published 12 times a year by The Maine Media Collective, Maine magazine (themainemag.com) is the state’s definitive lifestyle publication that gives readers a fresh look at the incredible people, places, restaurants, artists, and business people who make today’s Maine such a vibrant place to live. In addition, The Maine Media Collective is home to Maine Home+Design (mainehomedesign.com), Eat Maine, Art Maine, and The Brand Company – a marketing firm.
About Share Our Strength Maine
Share Our Strength is the leading national organization working to make sure no kid in America grows up hungry. The organization weaves together a net of community groups, activists and good programs to catch children at risk of hunger and ensure they have nutritious food where they live, learn and play. In Maine, they work with the culinary industry to create engaging, pioneering programs like Share Our Strength’s Taste of the Nation®, Share Our Strength’s Great American Bake Sale®, Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry:Dinners®, Share Our Strength’s Dine Out®, and Share Our Strength’s Cooking Matters®. Contact John Woods email@example.com to learn more.
Northeast Media Associates
141 Brigham Street
South Portland, ME. 04106
Columnist: Big Blend Magazines,