The Captain’s House Inn located in Chatham, Massachusetts (MA), the Captain’s House Inn is one of the oldest and highest-regarded Cape Cod bed and breakfasts on “the Cape.” They were kind enough to share their recipe for Chocolate Digestives.
1 Sleeve (16 oz.) Plain Digestives
3/4 Cups Butter
4 tsp. Light Brown Sugar
4 tsp. Cocoa Powder
2 Tbsp. Golden Syrup or Honey
3 Bars Cadbury’s Milk Chocolate
1. Place the digestive biscuits in a sealed plastic bag and crush with rolling pin; set aside.
2. Melt the butter, sugar, cocoa and syrup in a saucepan. When melted, remove from heat and add crushed digestives. Fold until crumbs are fully coated.
3. Place into a greased 9×13-inch baking tin and refrigerate until hard.
4. Melt chocolate in a double boiler until smooth and pour over biscuit mixture. Refrigerate until set.
5. When set, cut into squares and store in refrigerator.
Makes 24 digestives.
369 – 377 Old Harbor Rd., Chatham, MA, 02633 | Phone: 800-315-0728 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org