This wonderful dish comes from the Rabbit Hill Inn in Lower Waterford, Vermont. We enjoy rack of lamb most ways, this is delicious.
Lamb Rack with Herbed Dijon Crust and White Truffle Tomato Cream
4-8 bone lamb racks ½ cup Dijon mustard
1/3 cup white wine ¼ cup olive oil
2 Tbls garlic, minced ¼ cup freshly chopped herbs
3 Tbls white truffle oil ½ cup tomato puree
1 cup heavy cream ¼ cup brandy
½ cracker or bread crumbs 1 shallot, minced
Salt & pepper to taste
- Combine mustard, wine, olive oil, 1 Tbls garlic, herbs, and salt & pepper in bowl and combine with bread crumbs.
- Salt and pepper lamb racks to taste and sear till browned on eye side of rack
- Put lamb in roasting pan seared side up and rub with Dijon crust.
- Roast in 400°F oven for 12 to 25 minutes or till internal temperature reaches 135° F.
For the tomato cream:
- Combine shallots and 1 Tbls. garlic in sauté pan with enough oil to sweat them.
- Add brandy to deglaze.
- Add tomato puree and cream.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Allow to reduce by half and whisk in truffle oil.
- Serve warm over roasted lamb racks
Rabbit Hill Inn
48 Lower Waterford Rd.
P. O. Box 55
Lower Waterford, Vermont 05848
Reservations: 1-800-76-BUNNY (U.S. & Canada)