The Rabbit Hill Inn is back with another recipe. This one is for trout. I love it as the eye is not looking you in the eye. That always seems to bother me, even though I do partake. However, this one is perfect. Thanks so much for sharing.
Crispy Trout Preparation
1 Trout – whole
2 potatoes – washed, diced w/ skin on
2 cups fresh peas, shelled
1 bunch pea sprouts (or shoots)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Tbsp Vegetable Stock (water would work too)
- In blender, place 1 cup of shelled peas. Puree to desired consistency. Add water as needed. Season with Salt & Pepper. Set sauce aside.
- Potatoes – In a separate pan, on high heat, add evo and diced potatoes. Toss frequently till all sides are brown.
- In separate pot, on medium heat, place 1 cup of peas, 2 TBSP of stock or water. Add cooked potatoes. Liquid absorbs. Set aside, keeping warm.
- Trout – Season both sides of trout and place in pan (skin side down) on medium heat. Cook on one side
- Place some puree on serving plate. Place trout on plate. Surround with peas, potatoes. Drizzle with more puree. Garnish with pea sprouts/tendril
Rabbit Hill Inn
48 Lower Waterford Rd.
P. O. Box 55
Lower Waterford, Vermont 05848
Reservations: 1-800-76-BUNNY (U.S. & Canada)
Books By Hills Success With Writing Where & What in the World Blog