Article By Grace Smith

UK Defacto Visa or unmarried partner visa allows a UK based citizen to bring his or her unmarried partner from other countries to the UK. The only condition is that they have been together in a committed relationship for 2 years before application. It entitles both heterosexual and same-sex couples the same rights and benefits as married couples. There is a 2 years probationary period in the UK and no restrictions to work in the UK. After successful completion of the probationary period, there is the option for indefinite leave to remain in the UK or apply for UK nationality. However, clearance for the UK Defacto Visashould be obtained before entering the country, or else the application will be rejected.

There are reputed and reliable companies in the UK offering immigration and visa services to take away the stress and tension from people looking forward to immigrate to their dream destination. While applying directly to the government might cost less but the process is lengthy, complicated and tedious. There are good companies offering expert immigration and visa services in the UK to make this whole process simple and easy for their clients so that they can continue with their lives without the disruption of getting bogged down in this difficult process. For a nominal fee, they offer a complete and comprehensive visa service package encompassing:

  • Checking Documents

  • Filling up all official Application Forms

  • Booking of Appointments

  • All processes from start to finish for a successful application and granting of visa.

Eligibility for UK Defacto Visa

  • Age

  • You and your partner are both aged 18 or over at the date of application.

  • Relationship

Your partner has no relation to you in a way that means you could not marry in UK laws.

You and your partner have been in a defacto relationship, as well as living at the same address for at least 2 years.

Your relationship is genuine and subsisting. This means it is a long-term relationship and you are living together with your partner and sharing responsibility for any children and financial responsibilities (mortgage or tenancy agreement, a joint bank account or joint savings, and utility bills in both your names).

You and your partner have met the other partner’s parents in their home and made plans about living together in the UK with your partner.

You and your partner intend to permanently live in the UK.

In case any of the partners were in a previous relationship, he/she must show that the relationship has ended.

Financially, the couple should be able to support themselves and any dependants without public funds.


There are other Suitability Requirements, Financial Requirements, English Language Requirements,

clauses related to Previous Relationships and Exemptions that need to be checked out also.

unmarried or same-sex partner of a British citizen, British

permanent resident, or in the UK with refugee leave, or humanitarian protection, you

may be eligible for UK Defacto Visa. This visa will allow you to enter and remain in

the UK but not if you are related by blood. To take care of all the legalities and

complications, Good UK based companies offering expert immigration and visa

services are directly affiliated with the government body, OISC, to represent and

process application on behalf of their clients. They provide free consultation and you

can fill up their online assessment form and get free advice as to your eligibility for UK

Defacto Visa.

Grace Smith, by nature an avid reader, researchers, and specialist writer of topics that significantly cover issues.  She works independently and over the years she has been writing for many websites. Her work has been published at many leading websites.Learn more about Grace at