By Frank Satar
If you are looking to buy a property in Pattaya there are a few things you need to consider when planning so that you end up with a property that pairs with your life style.
- Know why you want to buy
- Make a list of your needs, wants and why you are here in Pattaya
- Are you seeking to reside here permanently or are you here for a long holiday?
- Are you seeking an investment property? If yes then specify what type of investment property in Thailand suits you best
- How to do you prefer to pay for the property? Do you prefer to pay cash for something ready or would you prefer to buy off plan and go on a payment plan? By knowing the types of options available you can make your buying power and payment options work for you. Ask us how!
- Do you require finance? Property finance for foreigners is now available through our company
- Do you seek the nightlife or a serene place to relax?
- What facilities and attractions do you wish to be near.
- Consider your future plans and options for the property
Elderly residents usually require a quieter more private residence like a villa in a secured private villa estate. There are many beautiful villa communities in Pattaya, especially around the many stunning golf courses the eastern seaboard has to offer. If you wish to buy a condo in Pattaya we always strongly recommend that you pick your unit at the end of the hallway, as far away from the lifts as possible. You will get less traffic passing your front door, making your preferred unit even more private & quiet. This also adds to the rent-ability and future sales-ability of your property. We also always advise that you look for a smaller boutique type project rather than big project with lots of units if you will be residing in the property for long periods of time, specially during the busier high seasons.
Some of the other things you will need to consider are:
- Write down your ideal property and ideal neighborhood
- Think about some of your future plans and possibilities and see if they pair with the type of property you are currently thinking of
- What facilities do you want/need close by?
- Will you require access to regular public transport?
- Do you wish to reside in a busy location close to cafes & restaurants or do you prefer a quieter more relaxing atmosphere?
- Do you have any special requirements like medical and hospital needs?
- Understand the ongoing maintenance fees and requirements
By understanding the above factors you will find a property in Pattaya that ticks all the boxes and will give you and your family years of enjoyment.
If you would like to submit a guest post on food, wine or travel to Where and What in the World, I would be happy to feature your travel experience , drink, special wine tasting, or family or simply delicious recipe. If you go to submission tab, you will see how to submit, as well as have the opportunity of telling me if you would like to would like to be a regular contributor. When uploading a file for submission, you are also able to upload jpgs. Please feel free to put a last paragraph about you and a link to your profile. No html please. You can also include a head shot.