By Jim Duncan
A golf holiday is without doubt one of the most exciting ideas to spend time with family or friends. It allows you to visit amazing destinations and play at some of the most scintillating golf courses in the world. Better still, you get to enjoy exquisite dining and accommodation at these amazing establishments. If you are thinking of a unique holiday idea, a golf trip could be just what you need.
However, the choice of golfing holiday destination will determine how much fun you have. While all golf courses have something unique to offer, you should only select a destination that offers the best value for money. To find the best golfing holiday destination, you have to consider the climate of the area, the scenery, accessibility, local attractions and availability of excellent accommodation.
With this in mind, you can now go ahead and find the best golf holidays in the world. The process is not easy and to help you along, below are some of the top destinations which you should consider when doing your research:
- The Algarve, Portugal – This is one of the most popular golfing holiday destinations in Europe. It has it all including world-class golf courses, beautiful local towns and amazing weather throughout the year. You can choose from among the top rated golf courses including Victoria,Oceanico Old, Millennium Courses, Pinhal and Laguna. There are also world-class resorts such as Sao Rafael and Tivoli Marina.
- Northern region of France – You will find an array of world-class golf courses in this area including Le Touquet, Saint Omer Hardelot and Arras. Of course there is also the coastline globally renowned for fantastic beaches and vibrant nightlife. The beauty of Northern France as a golfing holiday destination is amplified by the ability to use the Eurotunnel, which adds to the freedom and affordabilityforgolfers.
- Andrews & Fife, Scotland –While many golf holiday destinations have amazing landscapes, stunning attractions and world-class golf courses, not many can hold a candle to St. Andrews & Fife. This is the ultimate golf holiday destination which is also regarded as the home of golf. There are golf courses such as Crail and Lundin and themighty Kingsbarns. You will also find fantastic hotels and resorts which add to the allure of this destination.
- Costa del Sol, Spain –This is one of the best golf holiday destinations in Europe and it has gone through a lot of refurbishment since the 1970s. It has an edge over many destinations due to its rolling landscape, stunning mountains and picturesque coastlines, all which come together to provide the perfect golfing landscape. There are some of the best golfing courses such as Marbella Golf & Country Club, Santa Clara and Calanova. There are also magnificent resorts such as La Cala, La FincaCortesinandAtalaya Park among others.
- Myrtle Beach, USA –With over 120 world-class golf courses around here, you can always come back for more fun. These golf courses are designed by the crème de le crème in the game and you can stay at the stunning Myrtle Beach Hilton or Myrtle Beach Marriott.
Jim Duncan is a travel consultant based in London and an expert in golf holidays across the world. He has over 17 years’ experience in the industry. When not writing, Jim is always on the road.
If you would like to submit a guest post on food, wine or travel to Where and What in the World, I would be happy to feature your travel experience , drink, special wine tasting, or family or simply delicious recipe. If you go to submission tab, you will see how to submit, as well as have the opportunity of telling me if you would like to would like to be a regular contributor. When uploading a file for submission, you are also able to upload jpegs. Please feel free to put a last paragraph about you and a link to your profile. No html please. You can also include a head shot.