We have some exciting news for 2018.
UK-based travel specialist, On Foot Holidays offers 32 self-guided walking routes in 13 countries throughout Europe and just announced their newest route in Galicia, Spain. On Foot Holidays just announced their newest route for 2018 called “Lighthouse Way” (Camino dos Faros), an all-coastal route in Galicia in Northwest Spain. On Foot Holidays is the only mainstream tour operator to offer this self-guided, purely coastal walk in Galicia entirely without transfers. This spectacular walk is approximately 124 miles (200 km) long and spans the last unspoiled coast of Europe – the Costa da Morte. The magnificent route explores the grand cliffs, sweeping sandy beaches and lonely capes which characterize this Northwest Spain coastline, along with iconic lighthouses reminiscent of a time when the fierce tides were respected by the mariners. Enjoy the freshest seafood in the local fishing villages with their colorful, thriving little ports with their earthy pubs and seafood restaurants. Indulge in “goose barnacles”, a local specialty washing down with the excellent local white wine. The new Lighthouse Way walking route is now available for bookings from April 2018 onward. Rates start from £830 per person based on double occupancy, including 10 nights bed and breakfast, all luggage transfers, route notes and information pack. For shortened routes, the 5-night holiday starts at £555 per person and the 7-night holiday starts at £666 per person. Flights and airport transfers are not included. Full days consist of approximately 9 to 16 miles per day (4 – 7 ¾ hours). For reservations and more information, visit www.onfootholidays.co.uk or call +44 (0)1722 322652.www.onfootholidays.co.
NEW Culturally Immersive Journeys to Brazil
Embracing this need for personal value, Naya Traveler creates journeys that transcend mass tourism, bringing back purpose and depth to travel through authentic cultural experiences. Founded in 2016, Naya Traveler offers curated experiential journeys to culturally rich destinations, steeped in ancient traditions and customs. Rooted in first-hand expertise and intimate knowledge, the highly personalized itineraries focus on exclusive insider experiences that bring back purpose and value to travel, and provide a unique space to discover a destination through the eyes and knowledge of those who know it best. With highly personalized and curated itineraries that provide discerning individuals a more fulfilling experience, Naya Traveler announces the launch of private, custom-made trips to Brazil starting in early 2018. Brazil has been at the forefront of the South American travel industry for decades, and yet, many of its most exquisite regions and culturally rich locales remain under the mass tourist radar. Taking on this opportunity to unlock Brazil’s lesser known gems, Naya Traveler is launching insider experiences starting January 2018, focusing on its relatively unknown natural and cultural wonders. These journeys will go beyond the crowded attractions of Rio and the overly commercialized beaches of Florianopolis. Instead, Naya Traveler will take discerning individuals to far-flung properties in national parks, protected islands in the Atlantic Ocean, wind-swept fishing villages within native Indian reserves, and remote lodges far in the country’s wetlands – the largest in the world. The itineraries will encompass Brazil’s complex cultural landscape, which is heavily layered with a vibrant Afro-Portuguese heritage, through immersive experiences with locals in intimate settings. Current destinations include: Argentina, Cambodia, Kashmir & Ladakh, Morocco, Myanmar, Oman, Peru, South India and Ethiopia. New destinations on the horizon: Brazil, North India, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Mongolia, Guatemala. www.nayatraveler.com
NEW Updates at Copper Mountain Resort in Colorado
Located just 75 miles west of Denver, Colo. in the heart of the Rocky Mountains, Copper Mountain Resort is an ideal vacation destination with a laid-back and inclusive vibe that represents the best of Colorado. Three pedestrian-friendly village areas provide a vibrant atmosphere with lodging, retail outlets, restaurants, bars and family activities. During the winter months, Copper’s naturally-divided terrain offers world-class skiing and riding for all ages and abilities. Each summer, the mountain transforms into an unspoiled playground for hikers, mountain bikers and those seeking a genuine Colorado experience. Copper Mountain Resort boasts curated events year-round and is home to Woodward Copper – a lifestyle and action sports progression center. Copper Mountain is part of the POWDR Adventure Lifestyle Co. portfolio, a family-owned company that believes there is nothing better for your soul than to spend time with the people you love, doing the things you love. www.coppercolorado.com
Copper recently committed to $20 million in capital improvements that are designed to hold true to its philosophy of being local at the core with refreshing Raised on Colorado experiences. This is the largest investment since the resort’s inception in the early 1970’s. New projects include:
· Newly opened Rocky Mountain Coaster: Opened on December 1, 2017, the Rocky Mountain Coaster at Copper is the most recent year-round outdoor attraction in Center Village. With an overall length of 5,800 feet and a vertical drop of 430 feet, the raised alpine coaster track runs along the natural curvature of the mountain with zigs, zags, dips and 360 degree turns for guaranteed thrills all the way down to Copper’s high alpine village.
· New high-speed quad chairlift: To empower beginners to explore Copper’s naturally divided terrain offerings, a new chairlift debuts December 15th, 2017. The Kokomo Express lift, a Doppelmayr highspeed detachable quad will provide ease of access to an abundance of beginner trails on the green side. Additionally, a 300-foot extension into the base area of West Village welcomes skiers and snowboarders right out of the West Village Day Lodge and gets them up to the top in less than four minutes.
· New lodge at the top: At the top of the new Kokomo Express will sit a brand-new lodge hut aptly named Koko’s. The 2,500-square foot building provides seating for 200, restroom facilities, grab-and-go comfort food and more, all complemented with a large outdoor deck and sweeping panoramas of Copper Mountain and Tenmile Range. Accompanying the new beginner experience is the addition of three consecutive magic carpet surface lifts at the base of the new Kokomo Express and one magic carpet at the top.
· Coffee, wine, rental and retail all wrapped into one convenient location in Center Village: Copper Mountain integrates the rich history of the 10th Mountain Division and nearby Camp Hale with the introduction of Camp Hale Outfitters, a basecamp featuring an expanded coffee shop, new wine bar, shopping and high-performance rentals from Rossignol and Colorado-made ski and snowboard brands. Guests can stop in to Camp Hale Outfitters in Center Village to pick up extra layers and a coffee on their way to the lifts, or return in the afternoon to switch out equipment or stop in for an après drink at the new wine bar. In addition, Camp Hale Outfitters offers a new concierge-style demo experience complete with tailored tech service and overnight ski storage at the base of the mountain.
· Endo’s undergoes $1.5 million transformation into Ten Mile Tavern: New to Copper’s Center Village will be Ten Mile Tavern, an inviting restaurant and taproom featuring rustic modern interior décor, an indoor/outdoor fireplace, walk-up bar and elevated patio space for guests to gather. Ten Mile Tavern’s slope side location welcomes skiers and snowboarders to hang their jackets on a heated coat rack and enjoy a selection from the elevated pub menu paired with a signature 10 Barrel craft beer. With 20 beers on tap, guests can sample a flight or enjoy a personal favorite while socializing with friends, family and locals.
· New Restaurant in Copper Center Village: Wander into the authentic Colorado experience that is Toast & Co. Whether drawn in from the aromas of local fare or mellow sounds of bluegrass, guests of Toast & Co. start their day with a coffee drink, morning cocktail and a savory breakfast curated with Colorado Proud products before hitting the slopes. Visitors are encouraged to return après ski to sit back and enjoy the restaurant’s transformation into an evening lounge. Complete with hand-crafted libations and small plates featuring local purveyors, Toast & Co. offers various laid-back spaces to gather with friends, read a book or relax after a day on the slopes.
· New Après-Ski Dining at the Base: At Downhill Duke’s south-facing patio, visitors can enjoy lunch in the afternoon sunshine over shared plates and live music. The après scene shifts into high gear as guests unbuckle their boots and kick back with a lively libation, or two, and are bound to get on their feet or perhaps the tables as they enjoy a locally-sourced menu around outdoor heaters and fire pits. Downhill Duke’s also invites guests to bring Fido along. The menu features dog-friendly items and a special patio area where furry friends can put up their paws after a hard day of romping in the snow.
· New Copper Sports location: For those looking to rent ski and snowboard equipment this season can step into Copper Sports for simplified slope-side rentals. With its new location debuting this summer, Copper Sports has transitioned to become a streamlined rental shop right at base of the American Eagle lift in Center Village. Guests renting from Copper Sports can utilize check-in terminals before heading over to the dedicated boot fitting zone and equipment pickup area before they’re out the door and onto the slopes.
· New Radio-Frequency Gates installed at 8 mountain access lifts: Gated access lift pass technology is not a new concept, but it’s new to Copper this year and will be installed at all mountain access lifts including Alpine, Super Bee, Pitchfork, Union Creek, American Flyer, American Eagle, Lumberjack and Kokomo. Designed to maximize lift loads and simplify the lift entry experience, the upgrade will improve operations and provide greater guest convenience with the use of one pass. Additionally, Copper’s Secret! Season Pass Program will have dedicated gates to get pass holders up on the mountain quicker than ever.
Thanks to Katherine Han of Katherine Han PR for providing this information.