Spring is (almost) here! Kris Holland, the founder of Black River Landscape Management, an elite outdoor living service, has shared his top six things that need to get done today so you can enjoy a gorgeous summer day tomorrow.
Kris’ Spring Prep Checklist Tips
- Clean up the last bit of leaves and lay down new mulch. The mulch will help to protect your soil from the hot summer months, keep plant roots moist, and keep the weeds away.
- Lay down your pesticide and fertilizer to give your yard that much needed nutrients.
- Aggregate and reseed your lawn now to fill in any bare spots. Now is also the time to enhance your lawn by improving its color and density.
- Prune and trim all bushes and hedges, and remove all dead, lose or infected branches.
- Re-sand your patio if needed. This winter was rough, so now is the time to inspect your pavers and remove all dirt, grime, and debris that collected over the winter months.
- Book big projects now. Most qualified landscapers are booked two months out, so if you were thinking of building a pool, adding a new deck or fixing up your lawn, now is the time to do it so you don’t live through construction come May.
Kris Holland, Owner Black River Landscape Management
Kris Holland is the founder and driving force behind Black River Landscape Management, an elite outdoor living service that provides ground maintenance, landscape construction and snow removal services. With more than 15 years of industry experience, Kris is seen among his peers as the leader in his innovative custom designs and attention to detail. Kris is a certified Cambridge Pavingstones installer.
With a motto, “if it doesn’t scare you, it’s not big enough,” Kris’ inspiration to become an entrepreneur began at an early age by watching his own father build a successful business. With a team of 25 dedicated employees, Kris founded Black River Landscape Management in 2011 with a goal to bring people outside by creating functional outdoor living spaces.
Black River Landscape Management has been recognized by The Daily Record as Morris County’s best landscaper four consecutive years in a roll (including: 2014, 2015 2016, and 2017), and was selected as one of the top three home improvement contractors for 2016. Additionally, Black River Landscape Management has been featured in publications such as The Star-Ledger, Total Landscape Care, Landscape and Irrigation Magazine, The Plain Dealer, and DIY Network.
When he is not transforming backyards into an outdoor oasis, Kris is also snowboard instructor, caregiver to his three rescue Pit Bulls, weightlifting enthusiast, dedicated father of two, and loyal husband.