Coconut milk is responsible for a wealth of appetizing dishes that range from rich ice creams, sweets, smoothies, spicy dips to tasty soups. Coconut milk is just like cashew or almond milk and rich in essential nutrients.
It is made from pressed and grated brown coconut. If you are looking for easy and quick coconut milk recipes, then you can select from the suggested recipes given below:
- Rice Cake or Biko Recipe
Filipino rice cake or Biko is easy to prepare with coconut milk, sticky rice, brown sugar and much more ingredients. You can serve this cake during some special occasions like a birthday party.
Preparation time: 10 Minutes
Cooking time: 40 Minutes
- Sticky or malagkit rice: 2 cups
- Water: one and a half cups
- Brown sugar: 2 cups
- Coconut milk: 4 cups
- Salt; ½ tsp
- Combine water and rice in cooker
- Cook them for 10 minutes or until rice get ready
- Take a separate pot and add brown sugar, coconut milk, and salt to it
- Cook it over low heat, stir constantly
- Cook until the texture become dense and thick
- Add the cooked rice in this dense mixture of coconut milk and brown sugar
- Mix them well and cook until liquid evaporates
- Scoop this rice cake and serve in plates
- Lentil Coconut Curry
Curry is popular dish among the Indians, and you can add more flavors by adding coconut milk to it.
Preparation time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 40 Minutes
- Tuar Dal: 1 cup
- Chopped onions: 2
- Chopped green chilies: 2
- Garlic and ginger: 20 Gms
- Coconut oil: 3 tsp
- Dried red chilies: 2
- Mustard seed: 1 tsp
- Curry leaves: 2 stems
- Turmeric: 1 tsp
- Coriander powder: 1 tsp
- Asafetida: 1 tsp
- Coconut milk: ½ cup
- Tamarind: 1 tsp
- Soak tuar dal for half an hour
- Boil it for 10 minutes
- Take a frying pan and add coconut oil to it
- Let it heat for some time add onions, dried red chilies, green chilies, garlic, ginger, mustard seeds, curry leaves, asafetida, turmeric and dhania powder.
- Let all the ingredients fry together for few minutes
- Now add these fried ingredients to boiled Tuar dal to prepare puree of lentil
- Grind this puree of lentil in blender and add half cup water
- Add this mixed puree in a frying pan to boil it again
- Add coconut milk to it and one tsp tamarind paste to add more flavors
- You can serve it to the family members.
- Coconut Lime Rice
This would be an amazing option to prepare something unique in taste at home. You can use this wonderful rice recipe to prepare Coconut Lime Rice anytime.
Preparation time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
- Basmati Rice: 1 cup
- Coconut Oil: 1 tsp
- Butter: 1 tsp
- Flaked Coconut: ¼ cup
- Coconut Milk: 1 cup
- Chicken Broth: 1 cup
- Salt, black pepper, to taste
- Lime: 1
- Take a frying pan and add butter and coconut milk
- Heat it on medium highCook and stir rice and coconut milk for three to four minutes
- Stir in lime juiceAdd coconut milk
- Add chicken broth, lime zest, and salt
- Reduce heat to low and leave it for 20 minutes’
- Add black pepper and serve it to the guests
- Coconut Banango Smoothie
This is an easy and healthy recipe that brings lots of health benefits to you if you add Coconut Banango Smoothie in your morning breakfast.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Ready In: 10 minutes
- Peeled and chopped Mango: 1
- Frozen Sliced Banana: one and half
- Coconut milk: half cup
- Cold water: half cup
- Ice cubes: 4
- White Sugar: 1 tsp
- Coconut extract: 1 tsp
- Lime zest: half tsp
Blend all the ingredients in high-speed blender until smooth. You can serve this smoothie to your guest.
- Baby Corn and Mushroom Curry Rice Recipe
Rice with veggies and flavored coconut milk can be the best thing to enjoy with family or guests.
Preparation time: 15 Minutes
Cooking time: 8 Minutes
- Diagonally cut baby corn: ¼ cup
- Sliced Mushroom: ¼ cup
- Basmati Rice: 3 Cups
- Coconut milk: ½ cup
- Red curry paste: one and a half tsp
- Boiled green peas: ¼ cup
- French beans: 10
- Grated lemon rind: ¼ tsp
- Chopped basil leaves: 1 tsp
- 1 Banana leaf
- You can combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix them well.
- Place the rice on long and clean banana leaf
- Bring all the four sides of this leaf towards center and make envelope
- Seal this envelope using a toothpick
- Place this envelope in a steamer plate
- Steam it for seven to eight minutes on a medium flame
- Remove the leaf and serve Baby Corn and Mushroom Curry Rice recipe immediately to guests.
Coconut milk is rich in nutrients, and its consumption is good for your health. It can power up your immune system and prevents you from the disease. There are lots of health benefits of coconut milk, and you should include it in your diet. You can easily cook with coconut milk. We have mentioned some coconut milk recipes help you add flavor and nutrition to your diet.
Author Bio : Emma loves to cook nutritious and healthy food for family and friends; she likes sharing her cooking and nutrition knowledge with the online community who look forward to healthy cooking recipes online.
If you would like to submit a guest post on food, wine or travel to Where and What in the World, I would be happy to feature your travel experience , drink, special wine tasting, or family or simply delicious recipe. If you go to submission tab, you will see how to submit, as well as have the opportunity of telling me if you would like to would like to be a regular contributor. When uploading a file for submission, you are also able to upload jpegs. Please feel free to put a last paragraph about you and a link to your profile. No html please. You can also include a head shot.