With the ravishing countryside that surrounds Mandarin Boutique Hotel at its flower-filled best, and the climate ideal for exploring the many fascinating historical sites that lie close by, it is no wonder that spring is always a popular time here in Faralya. As a result, we are already virtually fully booked for certain dates in April and May, although we still have good availability for other dates, including the Easter weekend!. This recipe comes from the hotel located on the Southwest Turkish coast.
Kaiak Turtasi – Courgette (Zucchini) Loaf
1 Kg courgettes (zucchinis)
1 large onion
3 slices wholemeal bread
200g curd cheese
1 cup grated cheese
A few sprigs of parsley
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
- Finely chop the courgettes and onions and fry gently with 1 tbsp of olive oil for 5-6 minutes until softened.
- Finely chop the bread and the parsley in a blender.
- Combine all the ingredients, mashing with the back of the spoon to achieve a thick puree.
- Line a loaf tin with greaseproof paper, pour in the mixture and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees centigrade for 45 minutes.
- Leave to cool slightly before slicing and serving.
Books By Hills Success With Writing Where & What in the World Blog