Here is another Turkish recipe to enjoy. It reminds me of when the Hill Team was on a gullet sailing out of Bodrum, Turkey in 1997.
A recipe from Mandarin Boutique Hotel‘s extensive range of Turkish mezes, which are best served as part of a selection of starters. Afiyet olsun! Bon appetit!
Cevizli Bulgur Salatasi – Bulgur Salad with Walnuts
1 cup bulgur wheat
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
5 small cucumbers
1 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
1/2 bunch fresh parsley, finely chopped
3 tbsp olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon
salt to taste
- Place the bulgur wheat in a bowl, cover with boiling water and leave to soak until the water has been absorbed. Drain off any excess water.
- With a pointed knife, make a small cross-cut through the tomato skin. Blanch the tomato in boiling water for a few seconds, then dry it and peel off the skin. Finely chop the tomato.
- Add the chopped tomato, walnuts and herbs to the bulgur wheat.
- Combine the oil, lemon juice and salt to make a dressing and stir into the bulgur mixture.
- Wash and dry the cucumbers and cut them in half lengthways. Using the tip of a teaspoon remove all the seeds.
- Fill the cucumber boats with the bulgur mixture and serve.
Board Member, Co-Chair Conference & Media Trip Committee, Past President
Freelance Lifestyle Journalist
Follow me: @maralynhill