Here is another feature from the great Plugra butter recipes. As I mentioned in a previous post, the quality of Plugra butter is outstanding.
Walnut-Crusted Pork Tenderloin From Plugra
2 pork tenderloins, 1 to 2 pounds each
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cup walnuts
2 cups flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons Plugrá® European-Style Butter, unsalted
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Season pork tenderloins with salt and pepper.
3. In a food processor, combine walnuts, flour and brown sugar and pulse until it becomes a consistent crumb mixture, not a paste.
4. Spread walnut mixture onto a large platter and dredge all sides of the tenderloins with the mixture.
5. Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat; add the Plugrá Butter and 2 tablespoons vegetable oil. When the butter has melted and the oil is hot, sear all sides of the tenderloins. Place tenderloins on a roasting pan with foil underneath.
6. Place the tenderloins in the oven and bake for 12 minutes. Internal temperature should be 160°F. If not done, bake for another 5 minutes.
7. Allow to rest on a cutting board. When ready to serve, slice tenderloins on an angle and about ¼ to 1/2-inch thickness.
8. Serve with Cider-Braised Fingerling Potatoes and Apple Cider Beurre Blanc.
Board Member, Co-Chair Conference & Media Trip Committee, Past President
Freelance Lifestyle Journalist
Follow me: @maralynhill