I’ve only been to Turkey twice and there is so much to see and discover. The tastes and flavors are wonderful.
A recipe from Mandarin Botique Hotel‘s extensive range of Turkish mezes, which are best served as part of a selection of starters. Afiyet olsun! Bon appetit!
Sarimsakli Patates Püresi or Potato Puree with Garlic
4.25 cups or 1 Kg potatoes
6 cloves of garlic
1/3 cup or 80 g butter or margarine
3.5 ounces or 100 ml chicken stock
6.75 ounces or 200 ml fresh cream
salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and peel the potatoes and cut into halves or quarters, depending on size.
- Place in a saucepan with salted water, bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes until cooked. Drain and leave to cool.
- Peel the garlic and crush through a garlic press.
- Mix the chicken stock with the cream, butter and crushed garlic in a saucepan, and gently simmer for a few minutes to infuse the flavour. Leave to cool.
- Mash the potatoes season with salt and pepper. Gradually add the garlic cream and whisk until light and fluffy. Serve cold.
- Optional: For extra spice, sprinkle with chilli flakes or drizzle with chilli oil.
Board Member, Co-Chair Conference & Media Trip Committee, Past President
Freelance Lifestyle Journalist
Follow me: @maralynhill