We always enjoy chili. I first had white chicken chili about ten years ago. This recipe sounds close to what we’ve experienced. I found it at the Bush’s Beans website.
- Prep: 10 Minutes
- Cook: 20 Minutes
- Total:30 Minutes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 (16 ounce) cans BUSH’S® Great Northern Beans
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken breast
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese (optional)
- Sour cream (optional)
- Salsa (optional)
- In large skillet, cook onion in oil for 4 minutes or until transparent. Add chilies, flour and cumin; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add beans and chicken broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken; cook until hot.
- Garnish with cheese, sour cream and salsa, if desired.
If you would like to submit a guest post on food, wine or travel to Where and What in the World, I would be happy to feature your travel experience , drink, special wine tasting, or family or simply delicious recipe. If you go to submission tab, you will see how to submit, as well as have the opportunity of telling me if you would like to would like to be a regular contributor. When uploading a file for submission, you are also able to upload jpgs. Please feel free to put a last paragraph about you and a link to your profile. No html please. You can also include a head shot.
Board Member, Co-Chair Conference & Media Trip Committee, Past President
Freelance Lifestyle Journalist
Follow me: @maralynhill