By Jack Dawson
If you are suffering from long-lasting back pain, you are very well aware how troublesome that is. You must be thinking of ways that would help you to get it cure. Then, Spinal decompression therapy is best for you.
Spinal decompression therapy is useful for treating chronic neck, low back pain, and other associated neurological symptoms. If your lower back pain issue has not resolved yet with traditional treatment, then you can think of spinal decompression therapy. If you have disc bulge, degenerative disc disease, spinal stenosis, facet syndrome, sciatica, disc herniation, then this treatment will suit you well.
Types of Spinal Decompression therapy
- Non-surgical decompression therapy – Spinal Decompression therapy involves spine stretching through traction table or motorized device. The primary purpose of this treatment is to provide relief from back pain. This procedure is commonly known as non-surgical decompression therapy. This therapy involves adjustment and gentle stretching of the spine. That stretching and alignment allow force of spine to take off pressure from the spinal disks.
- Surgical Spinal Decompression – It is another alternative to back pain treatment. It is typically the last choice when all other treatment is tried out, and nothing provides you best result. Your chiropractor will suggest you this in case of ruptured, herniated, bulging disks. It is also useful for other spinal problems like weakness, tingling, numbing or pain in the spinal cord or nerve.
Risk associated with Spinal decompression therapy
Spinal decompression therapy is safe and proven treatment if a certified chiropractor performs it. Most of the people witnessed that thing and felt good after it.
It is safe treatment and benefitted many people but its required more research to determine how much safe it is. However, it is more efficient and fruitful than others non-surgical therapies like exercise, physical therapy, rest, steroid injections, chiropractic care, acupuncture, and counter medications.
When should you avoid Spinal decompression therapy?
Although this therapy is safe, there are many factors that prevent you from receiving this treatment like
- Metal Spinal implant
- Local spinal osteomyelitis
- Local bilateral pars defects
- Aortic aneurysm
- Advanced age
- Other musculoskeletal conditions or injuries
Before taking this therapy, it is better that you inform about your past and present medical situation to the chiropractor, and tell him if you are having any other issues. Consult your physician before changing or beginning any treatment for chronic back pain. Your physician will guide you correctly based on your reason for pain. You can visit here spinaldecompression.doctor to know about this therapy in details.
Results vary from patient to patient. But, it is evident that patient who is having back pain undergone through this therapy are able to recover normally. There are many factors that impacts and influence it like age, body, smoking, previous surgery, morphology, obesity, and a significant amount of caffeine intake. All these factors have some negative impact and can delay results. Spinal decompression therapy is safe, painless and comfortable.